Great Organizations Making a Real Difference in People’s Lives through Research or Service
- The Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education – CCARE investigates methods for cultivating compassion and promoting altruism within individuals and society through rigorous research, scientific collaborations, and academic conferences.
- Greater Good: The Science of a Meaningful Life – Based at UC Berkeley, Greater Good reports on groundbreaking research into the roots of compassion, happiness, and altruism.
- Center for Investigating Healthy Minds – Located within the Waisman Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, CIHM is a research Center dedicated to creating a world in which healthy qualities of mind flourish.
- Scientific American Mind – Takes you inside the most riveting breakthroughs in psychology, neuroscience and related fields.
- Psychology Today – Commentary, Research and News that cover all aspects of Human Behavior, from the workings of the brain, to relationships and the larger cultural forces that influence our decisions.
- Science Daily – Breaking science news and articles from the world’s leading universities and research organizations.
- Mind & Life Institute – Building a scientific understanding of the mind to reduce suffering and promote well-being
- Contemplative Mind in Life – A Global Collection of Mindfulness and Meditation Research Resources
- Association for Psychological Science – Professional organization for the advancement of scientifically oriented psychology.
- Scope – Award-winning medical blog from Stanford University’s School of Medicine
- Project Welcome Home Troops – Bringing Peace of Mind to Veterans by providing safe and effective techniques for stress relief, greater health and well-being, and empowerment.
- Not For Sale Campaign – Did you know there are more than 30 million slaves in the world today? Including in the USA where 200,000-300,000 teenage girls and young boys get trafficked as sex slaves? This organization fights root causes of slavery and human trafficking. Considering donating or buying from their store to help end this tragedy.
- Free the Slaves – This organization is also dedicated to ending slavery. Please consider supporting them.
Community Service/Social Entrepreneurship
- Kiva – Make a loan to an entrepreneur across the globe for as little as $25. Kiva is the world’s first online lending platform connecting online lenders to entrepreneurs across the globe.
- International Association for Human Values (IAHV) – IAHV offers programs to reduce stress and develop leaders so that human values can flourish in people and communities.
- Anjna Patient Education – First-of-its-kind free clinics to provide quality health education to socioeconomically disadvantaged patients.
- Everybody Dance Now! – Using hip-hop to create positive outlets for young people.
- YES! for Schools – Providing youth with a healthy body, mind and lifestyle by offering practical tools and life skills to manage stress and emotions.
- Deepening Roots – Cultivates inspiring leaders who, by implementing practical solutions and building community, transform the way people relate to food, health and the environment.
- yesplus – Providing university students and young professionals tangible tools to free the mind of stress, worry and anxiety while helping people move from temporary to sustainable happiness.